Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Gift Ideas on Fathers Day
Wonder what to get your Dad, Grandfather, Step dad, or any dad for Father’s day? Here are some ideas that may be able to help you.Cheap Father’s Day Gifts
Some of us are frugal and don’t have too much to spend but still want to get our fathers something special and nice. There are many gifts that aren’t expensive that any father would love.Clothes
Now clothes can always be a good gift for dad, but it depends on what kind of clothes you give him. Here are some suggestions for clothing gifts.Ties
A can be considered a traditional and simple gift. The costs of Ties usually range between $15-50 depending on what kind of tie you pick out. Remember when you pick out a tie for you father to pick out a style that will fit him.Shirts
Shirts are always a good gift for fathers too. Depending on what kind of personality your Dad has you can get him a shirt that reflects that. For example you can get your dad a shirt of his favorite sports team, logo, movie, and etc. Some other types of shirts that you can get your father are a Hawaiian Shirt, Polo shirt, or even a nice dress shirt.Hats
Most dads enjoy wearing hats, so why don’t you get one for yours. There are hats of all kinds and shapes. You can get your dad anything from a regular baseball cap to a Fedora, or even a cabby hat. Just remember to get something that fits your dad’s personality and character.Suit
All men look good in suits and your dad will too. Suits can be worn to work, restaurants, or any special gatherings. If you want your dad to feel and look good on father’s day then this is the gift for him.Sport or Hobby Gifts
Does your dad play a sport or have a hobby? Then get your dad something related to the sport or hobby. For example if your dad goes fishing you can get him a fishing rod, or if your dad is a golfer you can get him some golfing clubs. Depending on what activity your dad does will depend on how much it will cost.Father's Day Gift Cards
Not quite sure what your dad may like but know the places he likes to go to? Get your dad a gift from his favorite places! There are so many kinds of gift cards to choose from that your dad will love any of them.Take your dad on a Trip on Father's Day
If you don’t mind spending some money on your dad then taking him on a trip will be a great present for him on Father’s Day. There are many great places to take your dad. Some places include Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco, and other places. You can also take him to one of his favorite places he would like to go to like camping or Disney land, or etc.Make your dad a Father’s Day Meal
Are you good in the kitchen? If you are you can make your dad a father’s day meal. You can pick his favorite dishes and make if for him. Most dads will love to have someone make them a gourmet meal.
These are just some ideas that you can give your dad on father’s day, but no matter what you get him he will love it!
Guest Blogger By Janet Clarke
Labels: Gift Ideas on Fathers Day
Friday, April 13, 2007
Quotes on Father's day
There were times when all one associated one's father with, was a stern looking man with an invisible stick in hand. During those days, children were afraid to talk to their fathers and readily did whatever he ordered, for they knew only one thing - you can't disobey your father. Still, there was that deep-rooted respect that guided them throughout one's life. Times have changed. Today, dads are more indulgent. They don't expect their children to say, "Yes, father!" all the time. Today, they care for their children more than ever. They go out with them, play with them, pamper them and even change their diapers and cook their lunch whenever they get time. Yet, they haven't lost their position as the epitome of strength and respect in the household. Those times have changed but the love that one have for his/ her father in their heart haven't changed. Love for the father is also a unique one that also have a bit of fear and a feeling of need of that special person to guide our way through to our future.
Let's see what these quotes, sayings and verses have to tell about their loving fathers:
* "I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started." - Bartrand Hubbard
* "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. " -Charles Wadsworth
* "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."- Sigmund Freud
* "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. " - Mark Twain
* "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." - Tim Russert
* " I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example." -Mario Cuomo
* "Be kind to thy father,
for when thou wert young,
Who loved thee so fondly as he?
He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue,
And joined in thy innocent glee." - Margaret Courtney
* "Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance." - Ruth E. Renkel
* "To be a successful father . . . there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years." - Ernest Hemingway
* "A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father." - Gabriel García Márquez
* "It is a wise father that knows his own child." - William Shakespeare
* "All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night. Darkness brings home fathers, with their real, unspeakable power. There is more to fathers than meets the eye." - Margaret Atwood
* "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." - Anonymous
* "To her the name of father was another name for love." - Fanny Fern
* Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers- and fathering is a very important stage in their development." - David M. Gottesman
* "It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." - Anne Sexton
* "A Man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season." - Anonymous
* "The greatest gift I ever had Came from God, and I call him Dad!" - Anonymous
* "A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be." - Anonymous
* "He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland
* My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." - Harmon Killebrew
* "One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters." - George Herbert
* Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope." - Bill Cosby
* "It is not flesh and blood but the heart, which makes us fathers and sons." - Johann Schiller
* There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself." - John Gregory Brown
* "My father was a statesman; I'm a political woman. My father was a saint. I'm not.- Indira Gandhi
* "You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together." - Erika Cosby
* "Father, whom I murdered every night but one, That one, when your death murdered me." - Howard Moss
* "To her the name of father was another name for love." - Fanny Fern
* "If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons. " - James Baldwin
Labels: Quotes on Father's day
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Fathers Day Thoughts For Dads
Father... he has showered you with his unconditional love, inspired you, guided you, has always been there by your side ! He's someone you look up to... isn't it ? On Father's Day let him know how special you dad is with these heartfelt Blessed Thoughts. Fathers day Thought cards . Send your dad or someone special these beautiful Father's Day ecards 'n bring a smile on his face.
Labels: Fathers Day Thoughts For Dads
Father day Love You Dad Wishes
The bond with your dad is really special 'n you cherish it forever... isn't it ? He's loving, responsible, a great friend 'n so much more... but you don't tell it to him everyday ! On Father's Day express your pride, shower him with warm wishes, give him a tight hug 'n say 'Love You Dad'! Greet him with a special and warm Father's Day egreeting, that's meant just for him !From dady's girl
From dady's Son
Labels: Father day Love You Dad Wishes
Monday, April 9, 2007
Happy Father's Day Wishes
Father... he loves you, guides you, holds you each 'n everyday. There have been times when you felt proud of him and felt he's the best but never said it aloud. It's Father's Day... the perfect day to make your dad or all the father-figures in your life feel special with gifts 'n wishes. Let him know how much you love him as you wish him 'Happy Father's Day' with our warm egreetings and Father's Day Flash and Animated Postcards.
Labels: Happy Fathers Day Wishes
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Fathers Day Celebration Ideas
Father’s Day is celebrated around the world, across different cultures and ethnicities with more regard every year. As the name already suggests, Father’s Day is the day when the spotlights are on this special man in every household—the father ! Be it your dad, dad-in-law, grandfather, son, brother, husband or others—who you think do a great job as fathers, wish them a happy Father’s Day with gifts, flowers or other tokens of gratitude.
Now, if you want to get some ideas on your Father’s Day celebrations, check out the following:
Give dad a grand treat right at breakfast on Father’s Day. Serve him a tray with his favorite victuals, a flower, a gift and a special Father’s Day greeting neatly arranged.
Touch the heart of your dad or someone, who means the world to you with this warm ecard.
Send this eCard !
Make your dad the master of the grill this Father’s Day and watch him sweep you over with his cool culinary expertise. And you arrange for all the favorite items, and cocker him with the limelight. You might just happen to taste the most delectable dishes cooked by daddy dear this Father’s Day.
Or to pep up the Father’s Day celebrations, you can also take dad out to dine at his favorite joint or at the food-court which has a nostalgia attached to it. Order his favorites and have a great time together talking about old times or about a common passion.
Another great idea for a Father’s Day celebration is to make an album together with your dad fixing the choicest pictures of family moments into it. You can make the photos more captivating and cute with your own humorous comments. As you do that on Father’s Day don’t forget to tell him how those moments have touched you deeply. Dad’s always a busybody, but you can be sure that he will warmly relax to that.
Father’s Day can be one good occasion to clean dad’s tool box. He will surely swell at your efforts to let him have a no-work kind of day. And doing a bit of daddy’s job is yet another way to make him feel really special. On Father's Day, click on this Fathers Day Ecard 'n greet someone who's an inspiration for you.
Send this eCard !
Now to add to the thrill and joy of your dad on Father’s Day, make him a waste-bin or pen-stand for his work area. It can suffice both for a unique Father’s Day gift and an item of utility that dad would always prize.
If you can plan ahead of Father’s Day, it would be a great way of celebration to take a trip or go camping or just hike to your dad’s favorite spot.
If dad’s a sports-buff or a movie-freak, celebrate Father’s Day accordingly. Go for a game-session outdoors or watch a match indoors while you polish off bowls of popcorn together. Or you can bring home some movie CDs from a collection of old favorites, pop the pack of chips or cookies and munch your way to a holistic fun-time at the cozy corner of your room.
These are some; but there can be more ways, and more innovative ones, to celebrate a Father’s Day. You just need to come up with your own unique ways of celebration. And one can blindly vouch, there’s practically no end to it. Making dad feel special and appreciating his role in your life are the major agenda for your Father’s Day. So when this is fixed, just stay focused and you’ll discover newer routes to strike the right chord this Father’s Day !
Send this beautiful 'n touchy ecard to your dad or someone very special.
Send this eCard !
Father's Day Customs and Traditions
If mom’s the word in May, then dad has his day in June ! Father’s Day is on June 18 and it’s the day to recognize what’s so close to us—the father !
The need for a father is unchanging. Through ages, the growing need for a father or a father-figure is felt the world across. And Father’s Day accentuates just that. It is the day to underline the importance of a father in a child’s life and make every father realize how his presence acts upon the child’s growth and development in every aspect. The third Sunday in June, Father’s Day is the day set aside to celebrate the love, care, support and protection that fathers give us, and give us so unconditionally. But then again, Father’s Day is not only about celebrating a father, but essentially about acknowledging the essence of fatherhood. At times when fathers are absent, the father-figures can well do for all the love, support and friendship that a child may need. A father’s constant response and stable presence is an inspiration, which sure calls for an expression of gratitude and admiration everyday. But more, on Father’s Day ! So on June 18, this Father’s Day, take a peek at the heart that remains hidden through the year and surprise it with a warm ‘thank you’ or some cool fun and delightful wishes.Happy Father's Day !
With this cute ecard wish everyone you know on Father's Day.
Send this eCard !
Father’s Day is just the right occasion to experience a wholesome family time and wish all the wonderful dads in your family a very happy Father’s Day. Most people around the world spend Father’s Day with every one in the family, just making sure the father doesn’t do anything on this day and gets pampered to the hilt in every way. Load them with flowers, gifts, cards, paintings, poems, or make an award (may be out of cardboard boxes and golden wrappers) for the World’s Best Dad. Remember to declare the runners-up too ! On Father’s Day, the only need for the hour is to make every father feel more and more special and to give yourself more and more joy in wishing a numero uno dad.
Commonly, children start off the Father’s Day celebrations by serving dad breakfast at bed. Father’s favorites are quickly rustled up along with cards and gifts to find dad widely grinning at this top-of-the-morning treat ! As for bedside gifts on Father’s Day, it usually includes anything from a new tie, a brand new tool box to some sports gadgets. And if wrapped in a self-made “love you dad” wrapper, the gift will bear that personal touch of your love and appreciation.
Father’s Day ought to be special in every way. So instead of lazing off, people traditionally plan a family day-out on Father’s Day—be it the latest film or play that dad has been secretly wishing for, the new joint he wanted to check out or be it the really grand community celebration that he thoroughly enjoys, Father’s Day is full of fun, folks, food and action, more often than not. Sometimes, all the fathers of the neighborhood are invited to a huge party, that’s been specially thrown for them. The moms take care of the a la carte then, while the kids arrange for some real entertainment to sweep over the great dads with their little talents. Musical shows are traditionally one of the most treasured sweepstakes on a Father’s Day party. Hum some golden oldies and you may find dad strumming the tune himself.A Heartfelt Wish on Dads Day
A warm ecard to wish all your dear ones 'Happy Father's Day'.
Send this eCard !
When dad’s an absolute homebody, then Father’s Day is best celebrated right at the backyard. Of course, the backyard’s the perfect place for a cozy little family barbeque. Dad takes charge of the grill or if anyone else does, he is definitely there to supervise if everything’s working well at the grill.
The evenings on Father’s Day are exclusively set aside for some trips down the memory lane. A father often takes up this special day to share his feelings in the moment of his child’s birth, the fight with the mom over its name, the day he handed over the keys of the first car to his son, or may be met the love of his daughter’s life, or talking about that big house that was never bought, the graduation party that made him proud and many more. In every way, a Father’s Day centers on the thrills and spills of the father. So let him speak. And just show him that he’s a part of one and all and that the family is truly incomplete without him.
More than any gift, what a father needs on Father’s Day is an expression of acknowledgment, affection and happiness or all of these. So that’s what’s been traditionally showered on dads on every Father’s Day every year with renewed love and gratitude every time. Even a huge hug would do wonders, only if it’s just warm enough to say “dad I love u” ! Greet your dad/ husband/ uncle/ bro on Father's Day with this sweet ecard.
Send this eCard !
Labels: fathers day Customs and Traditions